Amazing Holidays to New York
Few destinations can claim as many internationally iconic sites as New York. The city that never sleeps is home to the likes of the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and the bright lights of Broadway - and that's just for starters.
So, it's no surprise that a trip to New York is something that features on most people's travel wish lists. Here at Bon Voyage, we have 30 years' experience organising holidays of a lifetime to New York, so we are perfectly placed to offer you advice on everything from short breaks to New York to multi-centre New York city breaks, touring itineraries and sightseeing options and choosing the right hotel in the right location for your particular needs.
The Five New York Boroughs
Featuring heavily on our TV screens and in the movies, New York is a city that feels familiar even to those who haven't visited it. While it may seem like one unified mass, the soaring buildings and canyon-like streets of the Big Apple are actually divided into five boroughs - and each one possesses its own distinct vibe and attractions.
So, naturally we recommend exploring as many of these as possible during your holiday in New York to get a feel for the city’s incredible diversity.
- The Bronx: Famous for being the birthplace of hip-hop, the Bronx is home to some amazing attractions. Among our favourites are the Bronx Zoo, the New York Botanical Garden and Yankee Stadium.
- Brooklyn : This is the city's most populous borough, and is most famous for the Brooklyn Bridge. When visiting New York, walking over this bridge is one of the all-time must-dos. The Brooklyn Museum and New York Aquarium are also more than worth a look-in during your time here.
- Manhattan: Manhattan's skyscrapers, shops and world-class museums make it one of the best-loved urban spaces on the planet. Be sure to check out Macy's Herald Square (the biggest department store in the USA), the Guggenheim and Carnegie Hall.
- Queens: Diverse Queens is great for everything from watching live sport (especially baseball and tennis) to soaking up a bit of culture. Socrates Sculpture Park, Queens Zoo and New York Hall of Science are particular highlights.
- Staten Island : Hop on a ferry and head out to Staten Island. Packed with historic architecture and scenic gardens, this part of the Big Apple is a fantastic place to unwind and enjoy some brilliant scenery.
New York's Top Six Attractions
The Big Apple is home to so many world-class attractions that you could spend weeks on holiday in New York and not get through them all - but we've put together a manageable list of highlights that you can get through in just a few days. For more ideas and inspiration, just give us a call !
- The Empire State Building : A building that needs no introduction, this icon of the New York City skyline is 318 m tall and boasts 102 storeys. Heading to one of its two observation decks and gazing out over the Big Apple's skyline is a must.
- The Statue of Liberty : A symbol of freedom and the USA as a whole, the Statue of Liberty is another must-see - especially if this will be your first visit to the city. It stands on Liberty Island, which is easily reached with a brief ferry ride.
- Broadway: The bright lights of Broadway rival London's West End for theatrical prowess. Seeing a show here is a quintessential New York holiday experience.
- The Brooklyn Bridge: As well as being a famous landmark, the Brooklyn Bridge was the first ever land passage between Manhattan and Brooklyn, making this a living piece of history. Walking across its pedestrian walkway is a must.
- Central Park : This central Manhattan park is vast, spanning 843 acres in the heart of the city. As well as being beautifully landscaped, it's home to attractions like the Central Park Zoo and Belvedere Castle.
- The National September 11 Memorial: For many visitors to New York a visit to the 911 Memorial is an absolute must. It’s worth pointing out that if you want to visit the 9/11 Museum tickets need to be booked well in advance but Bon Voyage can help with that. The twin reflecting pools sit within the original footprints of the Twin Towers and the names of the almost 3000 people who died on that fateful day are inscribed on brass plates.
New York Hotels for a memorable stay
New York is full of grand hotels, and we offer stays at some of the most famous and luxurious in the city - because we understand that choosing the right hotel can make all the difference to the success of your trip. Just a few of the possibilities include:
- New York Palace: Just a few steps away from Broadway and the Rockefeller Center, New York Palace is one of the city's most sumptuous and spacious hotels. Its collection of superior, club and tower rooms, as well as ultra-luxurious suites, all feature comfortable seating areas, marble bathrooms and either a king-size bed or two doubles.
- Ink 48 Hotel: Located in the Hell’s Kitchen district of Manhattan, where 11th Avenue meets 48th Street, Ink 48 takes it’s unusual name from the former printing house building in which it is to be found. This 18-storey eco hotel has an inviting rooftop lounge and unobstructed sweeping views of the Hudson River on the west and the midtown Manhattan skyline facing east.
- Mandarin Oriental Central Park : Set high above Columbus Circle on the southwestern tip of Central Park in the stunning Time Warner Center, the 248 stylishly and sumptuous rooms and suites reflect the oriental heritage of Mandarin Oriental and each comes a stunning view of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline, or the scenic Hudson River.
New York Multi-Centre HolidaysWe recommend at least 3 nights for your New York holiday and can easily suggest enough to keep you busy for 7! Our New York holidays can be tailored to your interests and budget and of course we can combine a stay in New York with lots of other exciting cities; What about New York & Washington , New York, Washington D.C & Boston , or New York & Chicago - all exciting and historical cities that complement New York perfectly? How about New York & Las Vegas , New York & Florida , New York & L.A. for some major excitement, or New York & Hawaii for the perfect blend of big-city action and relaxation. Another unbeatable combo is New York & The Bahamas, these islands boasts some of the best beaches on this planet! These are just a few suggestions but since every Bon Voyage holiday is tailor-made especially for you we can arrange multi centre holidays to suit your tastes - just ask us!
Book your holiday to New York with Bon Voyage
Booking your holiday to New York with Bon Voyage is simple. Contact us with an outline of what you think you might like and one of our experts will help you work out the finer details of your trip. Call us on 0800 316 3012 or visit this page to start your consultation .
New York, Waikiki and Las Vegas
Las Vegas and New York - Two Centre Holiday (Luxury)
USA Rail Holiday -Tale of Three Cities
Tour New England - New York - Niagara
A Beautiful Upstate Journey
USA & Canada Rail Holiday - The Maple Leaf
New York, Los Angeles and Miami
East Coast USA and Canada - A Trafalgar Escorted Tour
The Classic East - USA and Canada Tour
Around the USA in 88 Days!
USA Coast-to-Coast with Glacier National Park
New York & Vermont... A Winter Wonderland
Great East Coast Cities - A Trafalgar Escorted Tour
New York CityPass
Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
Top of the Rock
The Superhero Tour of New York City
Getting Married in the Empire State Building.
Staten Island Ferry
Empire State Building
All Around Town Tour with harbour cruise
Broadway Theatre District Tour
Shopping in New York City
Blue Man Group
Rock Of Ages
The Lion King
The Phantom of the Opera
Alexander Hamilton Financial District Tour
American Museum of Natural History
Beast Speedboat Ride
Boston and Whale Watching
Central Park Movie Tour
Harlem on Sunday with Brunch
City Tour in Foreign Languages Incl English
Day Trip to Boston - Freedom Trail
Day Trip to Philadelphia and Amish Country
Day trip to Washington DC
Downtown Tour - CITY SIGHTS
East Village Pub Crawl
Edgar Allen Poe Greenwich Village Tour
Empire State Pub Crawl
Frank Sinatra NYC Night Limo Tour
Full Island Cruise
Harbour Lights Cruise
Heroes of The World Trade Center Tour
Lady Liberty - afternoon flight
Long Island Wineries & Shopping Tour
Manhattan Comprehensive Tour
New York to Niagara
New York TV and Movie Sites
Niagara Falls by Air
Night Tour - City Sights
Nights and the City Tour
NY SKYRIDE/Observatory Combo
Romance over Manhattan
Sex and the City Tour
Shop, Hop & Top - 4 day value Package
Super New York Tour
The Big Apple - Afternoon Flight
The Brooklyn Tour
The Brunch Sail
The Empire State Clipper
The Gangster Tour of New York
The Hamptons, Sag Harbour & Shopping Tour
The Moon Sail
Uptown Treasures and Harlem Tour
Freestyle New York
The Great Gatsby & The Mansions of Long Island's Gold Coast
Where you stay is the heart of your holiday. Location reigns supreme but do you prefer resort facilities or unique and boutique? Historic and old world or modern and shiny?
We aim to present choices across the spectrum but there are many hundreds of places to stay and not room to feature them all. Do speak to your Bon Voyage travel consultant and click the video for our take on this important topic.
We would rate the Bellagio as one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Fabulous, glitzy, exciting. We loved having breakfast at the poolside café... one of our best experiences ever. If it hadn't been for you we wouldn't have had the suite or cabana and we loved them. We both agreed that the hotel was the best for us and you had suggested that so well done!Leonore & Mike Rumford