Today Boone’s foresight is borne out in the thousands of visitors who come to Kentucky each year for holiday, sporting events, and many other reasons. From metropolitan areas to rural landscapes and rugged wilderness, Kentucky has a bounty of attractions to discover.
Be it a Thoroughbred, Saddlebred or another breed, if you love horses, you will find them in Kentucky. The premier location in Kentucky to experience horses is the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington. This working horse farm, covering more than 1,200 acres and showcasing over 40 breeds of horses, is open to the public year round with extended hours shows during the summer season.
North central Kentucky proudly showcases a product that was invented in Kentucky – bourbon whiskey. Each distillery has its own distinct trademark, so even though the general process is the same; you will find unique differences at each distillery you tour along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®. Smaller craft distilleries have recently sprung up in many places around the state and Louisville is home to the Urban Bourbon Trail.
- Mammoth Cave, world’s longest charted cave system
- Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area
- Birthplaces of Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis, presidents of both sides in the Civil War
- National Quilt Museum in Paducah
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- Seventeen state resort parks with lodges, most of any state in the nation
- Moonbow at Cumberland Falls
- Follow Daniel Boone’s lead and discover Kentucky’s diverse attractions. You won’t be disappointed!