Holidays to San Francisco and Florida
The USA is home to so many exciting, memorable destinations that it's always worth visiting more than one in a single trip, if you can. Here at Bon Voyage, we have 30 years' experience in organising unforgettable holidays to the USA, and so know which combinations work the best. Among our favourites is San Francisco and Florida - a holiday pairing that mixes plenty of culture with some good old fashioned fun in the sunshine!
Why San Francisco & Florida in one multi-centre holiday?
The USA is a wonderfully diverse holiday destination, so if you're planning a multi-centre break then we think it makes sense to choose locations that are quite different from one another. This way, you have the opportunity to discover more of what the country has to offer.
San Francisco and Florida are certainly very different places. Famous for its diverse districts, cultural attractions and fantastic food, San Francisco is a culture vulture's dream. Plus, as it's home to so many iconic sights and attractions, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, it has plenty to satisfy travellers keen to see the country's best-loved sights too.
Florida, on the other hand, has a reputation for its fun-filled, sun-soaked holidays - especially in Orlando, which is home to some incredible theme parks that enchant young children and big kids alike! And while we love Florida's theme parks, we think it's worth bearing in mind that this state has much more to offer too, from the natural attractions of the Everglades to amazing nightlife in cosmopolitan Miami.
What not to miss in San Francisco
San Francisco is one of those cities that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime - not least because it's home to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, which is one of the most instantly recognisable structures in the USA. Here are just a few of things that we think you shouldn't miss:
- Alcatraz: Perhaps best known as The Rock, Alcatraz was once one of the world's most notorious federal prisons - and today it is a top tourist attraction. You can reach the facility, which is located roughly 1.5 miles offshore, with a short ferry ride from Pier 33. Take a tour and you can hear all about its history and some of its most infamous inmates, including Al Capone and George 'Machine Gun' Kelly. A night tour perhaps offers the most atmospheric experience, if you're feeling brave enough!
- The Golden Gate Bridge: Spanning some 1.7 miles, the Golden Gate Bridge is arguably San Francisco's top attraction. Make sure you get the best experience by walking along its pedestrian footpath.
- The California Academy of Sciences: Located in the fantastic Golden Gate Park, which is in itself an attraction that's well worth visiting, the California Academy of Sciences is a natural history museum, planetarium and aquarium all under one roof! What's more, there are hundreds of animals to discover here too, making it easy to spend a full day here.
Top things to do in Florida
The Sunshine State is full of amazing attractions that'll contrast your experiences in San Francisco and make your trip that little bit more memorable. Offering so much more than theme parks alone, Florida is home to glamorous cities, beautiful beaches and wildlife-rich national parks that mean this state has something for almost everyone.
- Universal Studios: The number one movie-based theme park on the planet, Universal Studios is equally entertaining for film fans and amusement park lovers alike - especially as this is where you'll find the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. What's more, you'll have the opportunity to explore real-life film sets and watch incredible shows.
- Aquatica: If you're looking for a fun-filled day out in the Florida sunshine, Aquatica is the place to go. With a layout inspired by the South Sea Islands, this waterpark is home to a mix of high-octane rides, fun water slides and more relaxing attractions that offer a great balance between getting an adrenaline rush and unwinding. A particular highlight for those who like the sound of the latter is Loggerhead Lane - a lazy river that'll carry you through some amazing aquatic views.
- Pick up the pace of your holiday in Miami: If you fancy experiencing one of Florida's livelier destinations, pay a visit to cosmopolitan Miami. Known for its distinct Latin vibe, great beaches and fantastic shops, it's also home to some of the best nightspots in this part of the States. So, it's the perfect place to let your hair down.
Book your holiday to San Francisco & Florida with Bon Voyage
Here at Bon Voyage, we have the expertise to make sure you have the holiday of a lifetime. Our wealth of experience and in-depth knowledge of the USA means we can offer you invaluable advice - every step of the way. Plus, we're always happy to tailor your itinerary to your exact needs, which means you can look forward to a break that suits you perfectly.