Holidays to New York and Hawaii
Want to see more of the USA on your next holiday? Choosing a multi-centre break is a great way to explore two or more destinations in a single trip. More than that, depending on where you go, this can also be the most practical way to travel too - especially if you're interested in a combination like Hawaii and New York.
Why visit Hawaii and New York in one trip?
Hawaii and New York is a killer holiday combination - but it's also a practical one. Flying to Hawaii from the UK can take as long as 17 hours, which means stopping over in mainland USA is not only a good idea for a more comfortable journey, but also the normal thing to do.
Rather than simply stopping over for a few hours, you can stay several days or longer to really make the most of your trip. There are a host of amazing destinations that complement a trip to Hawaii - we think that New York is one of the most exciting, given that it is among the most iconic cities in the country.
What's more, it couldn't be more different to Hawaii, which means that by visiting them both in a single trip you get to discover some of the contrasts that make this country such an incredible place to explore.
It's your choice whether you stopover en route to Hawaii or on the return journey - and it's worth remembering that you could do both! This gives you the opportunity to visit an additional destination, such as Las Vegas.
Top attractions in New York
The Big Apple is home to some of America's most iconic sites, including the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. Its combination of world-class museums, great restaurants, stunning theatrical productions, amazing architecture and fantastic shopping makes this a destination that few fail to fall in love with. During your stay, make sure you:
• Visit Times Square: Full of vast billboards, neon lights and theatres, Times Square is the heart of New York excitement. It's one of the most essential sights to see in the city, and chances are you'll find it instantly familiar, it having been featured in so many TV shows and films.
• Go shopping: New York is an amazing place for shopaholics, but hitting the stores here is not only for those keen to buy themselves a few treats while they're here. In fact, the Big Apple is home to shops famous enough to be attractions in their own right, such as Macy's Herald Square. So, whether you're an avid shopper or not, take the time to have a little browse.
• See New York from above: Seeing the famous New York skyline from above is a must. Perhaps the best-known place to do so is the Empire State Building, and you certainly get a great view from here, but it's also worth considering Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller Center, which offers 360-degree views across three floors.
Top attractions in Hawaii
The contrast between the fast pace and packed streets of New York and the sun-drenched laid-back beaches of Hawaii is huge. You'll find there are few better ways to chill out after a busy few days in the Big Apple than reclining on the palm-fringed sands of one of Hawaii's many gorgeous beaches.
Don't forget that each of Hawaii's islands has its own unique and exciting attractions - we can tell you all about each and help you decide where to go. Here are some of the highlights:
• Whale watching from Maui: Maui is one of the best places in the world for whale watching . The whale watching season falls between December and April, so if you're visiting during this time, taking a boat tour to spot these incredible creatures is an absolute must.
• Pearl Harbor: Hawaii isn't all beaches and grass skirts - it has some incredible cultural and historical attractions too, and perhaps none is more moving than Pearl Harbor. This is the site that was bombed by the Japanese during World War II - an act that killed thousands, and brought the USA into the conflict. Visit the memorial and learn more about this pivotal moment in modern history.
Why book through Bon Voyage?
With our more than 30 years' experience arranging unforgettable holidays to the USA and Canada, we can offer you the holiday of a lifetime. Our expert knowledge will be at your fingertips, and we can provide invaluable advice to help you craft your perfect itinerary.
This includes how to get the timings of your holiday just right so you don't feel rushed or stretched, while we while can also pre-book excursions for you and offer advice on where to go and what to see.
Book your multi-centre break today
It's easy to organise your holiday to New York and Hawaii through Bon Voyage - simply call us on 0800 316 3012, and we will talk you through everything from your holiday options to the simple booking process.
Alternatively, we are always happy to give you a call at a time that suits you - just let us know when and what number to contact you on here .