The sheer diversity and size of North America makes the Fly/Drive holiday an ideal option. Roads are excellent, wide and well signed. Car rental rates are great value for money, and petrol prices around a quarter of those in the UK and Europe.
We have devised a selection of pre-planned fly/drive itineraries covering the USA and Canada to give you some ideas of the diversity and variety available. These have been refined by Bon Voyage over the last thirty years through first-hand experience, constant checking and monitoring of customer feedback and also customers ideas and suggestions, improving and fine-tuning year after year.
For the independent traveller, we can offer infinite scope and variation on whatever area or theme you fancy. You'll notice we never specify dates or days of travel, because freedom and flexibility are the key benefits which our specialist Tailor-Made approach offers. For more information on our Tailor-Made holidays or a quote please call 0800 316 3012.
Drive happy with Bon Voyage and Alamo/National for a great car hire deal.
There is a bewildering choice of car rental operators in North America, but we continue to select Alamo/National as our partner due to the following reasons:
- The best prices
- Their excellent record of customer service.
- A comprehensive network of rental locations.
- The high relative standard of their vehicles.
- Speedier rental formalities when you pre-register your driver details. FREEPOST the form we send with your travel documents and take advantage of this time-saving scheme.
- Improved facilities at major locations - changing rooms, secure luggage storage, map and information centres, clear and improved signage.
Choosing your car
Decide on the size of the car you want in advance and book that car. We can advise on this. The size comparisons and suggested comfortable capacities are for guidance only. American cars tend to have large interiors, but fairly small luggage space. If you intend to carry several suitcases you may want to consider a larger vehicle. Booking a smaller car and then upgrading locally costs far more than booking the right size in advance. We now offer FREE one-way rentals between many locations throughout the US.
For more information regarding our FREE one-way rentals please click the link below.
All Inclusive Rates
Renting with Bon Voyage means you don't have to worry about extra payments locally for essentials like comprehensive insurance, liability cover and state and airport fees. It's all part of the rental cost. Bon Voyage "All inclusive" US car hire includes:
- Unlimited Free Mileage
- Extended Protection ($1 million third party insurance liability cover and uninsured motorist protection)
- Collision Damage Waiver (covers costs of damage to the car)
- Airport User Fee (access tariffs charged by airports)
- State and Local Surcharges (such as the Florida environmental tax)
- State and Local Taxes
Rates quoted do not include infant seat charges, surcharge for drivers under 25 years or optional personal accident cover. (Not needed if adequate personal travel insurance has been effected). In addition fuel and extra driver charges are payable locally unless "Alamo Enhanced" has been selected. The date of car collection determines the season rate for the entire rental period.
And from time to time we have some amazing exclusive upgrade deals which will deliver even more value from your Alamo rental car through Bon Voyage.