The California Coast Holidays
California - Family Fun Adventure
This 13 night California Family Fun Adventure will suit everyone in the family. From biking the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco to camping under the stars in awesome Yosemite National Park. From whale watching along the scenic California coast to the thrilling theme park rides of southern California. The kids won't have time to be bored on this holiday - believe us!
- San Francisco, The Beautiful City on The Bay
- Bike The Bridge - Ride across the Golden Gate Bridge to pretty Sausalito
- 48 hr hop-on-hop-off open top double decker bus tour of San Francisco
- Ferry to Alcatraz Island , former home of "Scarface" Capone and The Birdman
- The incredible California Academy of Sciences
- 3 day adventure camping trip to Yosemite National Park
- Camping under the stars and guided hikes of the park
- Hearst Castle
- Chill-out time on Pismo Beach
- Whale-watching along the California coast - seasonal
- Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland theme parks & Hollywood
- Flights from the UK into San Francisco and home from Los Angeles (or vice versa)
- Full size car hire
- 11 nights superior accommodation throughout in sought after locations along the California coast
- 3 day fully guided camping trip to Yosemite, with camping equipment, hikes and excursions
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Double Decker bus tour of San Francisco, entrance to Alcatraz (pre-book with Bon Voyage)
- Personalised road book for your journey with local area information and USA travel tips.
The guide price listed is based on PEAK travel July - August. If you are able to travel outside that time, prices start from £1850 per person. Call today to discuss your preferred dates of travel.
Days 1 2 3 San Francisco
California Family Fun Adventure
kicks off with 3 nights in San Francisco.
A holiday to San Francisco will uncover charms both great and small. You won’t want to miss San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, The Palace of Fine Arts, a cable car ride over Nob Hill or views of the thundering Pacific from the cliffs of Lincoln Park.
The family will all enjoy a visit to the mind-blowing California Academy of Sciences, a trip to eerie Alcatraz, a double-decker bus tour of San Francisco, or a thrilling bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge to name a few. All tours can be pre-booked in advance, call Bon Voyage to discuss your options for this exciting city.
Days 4 5 Camping Adventure in Yosemite National Park...
The next 3 days, two nights will be spent exploring the mighty Yosemite National Park! This fully guided tour departs San Francisco at 8.15am and returns back to 'Frisco at 9pm, 3 days later.
Day 6 San Francisco
As your camping tour returns to San Francisco at 9pm this evening, it's another night in San Francisco before you head off on your journey along the scenic California coast.
Days 7 8 Pismo Beach, California Coast
Leave San Francisco behind as you collect your car and head towards the Pacific Coast Highway - regarded as one of America's Most Scenic Drives .
Few stretches of coastal road anywhere in the world can compare to the Pacific Coast Highway - also known as Highway 1 - for scenic beauty. Forested mountains slope off the edge of the North American continent into azure blue water; great, jagged rocks jut out of crashing surf like breaching whales; and hilltops are crowned with picturesque towns, spectacular mountains and old mission churches dating back to colonial days.
Your base for two nights along this scenic route is either Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo, Shell Beach, San Simeon or Cambria. Call Bon Voyage to discuss the best location for
. En route your family will delight in impressive Hearst Castle and marvel at the scenery of Big Sur. If time allows, stop in Monterey to enjoy whale watching....
Days 9 10 Ventura Beach, California Coast
Your journey along the incredible Pacific Coast Highway en route to charming Ventura Beach will give you an opportunity to visit the pretty Danish town of Solvang and Moorish Santa Barbara. Your two night stay in the beach town of Ventura will allow you time to chill-out, enjoy whale watching cruises to the Channel Islands and enjoy a bike ride to the pretty mountain village of Ojai.
Days 11 12 13 Los Angeles & The Beaches
After your California coast adventure it's time for a three night stay in the Los Angeles region. For families we recommend Surf City, USA - Huntington Beach - for chill out time on 7 miles of beautiful surf beaches, Anaheim - for Disneyland & The Theme Parks, or the lively seaside resort of Santa Monica, a perfect family base to explore Hollywood! Call Bon Voyage to discuss the best location for